the boring bit...
We know terms and policies aren't the most exciting thing in the world but we've tried to construct ours in a way that is relatable.
Terms of service
Welcome to our terms of service, please read carefully, they are important for both of us as they set out what we expect from each other.
Privacy & cookies
For this to work, we need your data but we promise to always keep it safe and secure... here’s why we need it and how we use it.
Terms of service
Privacy & cookies policy
1.0 Our privacy promise
• We will only use your data to improve your experience.
• We will protect your data like it is our own.
• We will always keep our terms easy to understand.
• You will always get to decide what and how you hear from us.
• Your data won’t just sit there... if we don’t need it, we will delete it.
• We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party.
2.0 Protecting your privacy
At houseof, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our users. We are customers ourselves, so we totally understand how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy email us at email@example.com. For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is:
• houseofdotcom Limited.
3.0 How we use your data
We use your data in a number of different ways. Below we’ve tried to explain what data we use and why we use it.
3.1 We use your name and contact details
Such as your name, your email address, your telephone number, addresses and locations associated with your account.
4.0 How we share your data
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
• Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
• Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
• Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites and Klarna where you choose to use their payment service.
• We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
4.1 Sharing data with Klarna
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
5.0 Marketing messages
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, instant chat or social media, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
5.1 How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time, by:
• Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as hosueof comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we target houseof banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and services. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of houseof (for example, your houseof search history, and the content you read on houseof) or on houseof banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
7.0 Outside of Europe
If you data is used in any country in respect of which there is not a European Commission decision of adequacy, we will protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here.
8.0 How we keep your data
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to delete all the information we have on you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms of service, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
9.0 Your rights
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
• The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
• The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please email us at email@example.com, we will do everything we can to help.
We may change this policy from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the houseof website or other houseof services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use houseof.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better). If you:
• Have any questions or feedback about this notice.
• Would like us to stop using your information.
• Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to resolve any issues you’re having with our Service.
13.0 Reporting vulnerabilities
We’re all about taking risks when it comes to our designs, just not our security. If you’ve noticed something’s up with our tech, let us know. Please email us at email@example.com with your contact details, the details of the vulnerability and what we need to do to reproduce or validate it.